30 Second Meditation Techniques To Help You De-Stress At Work
It is undeniable that all of us want to live stress-free lives, yet regularly feeling ‘stressed out’ has become ‘the norm’ in today’s society. There are numerous meditation techniques that can help you de-stress, but it’s fair to say that most of them are going to take you more than 30 seconds to do!
This is where micro meditation techniques come in.
What are micro meditation techniques?
As the name suggests, they are shortened versions of regular meditation methods. But even with their shortened state, the benefits are very similar to that of their longer counterparts.
Micro meditations can help you regain focus, energy and concentration, and can become very handy when it comes to quickly dealing with stressful situations at work. So next time you feel stress creeping up, try my…
3 Micro Meditation Techniques You Can Do At Work
Micro Meditation Technique 1: Belly Breathing
This micro meditation technique is geared towards eliminating negative emotions and energies.
How To Do Belly Breathing
1. When upset, place one hand on your stomach and the other on your chest.
2. Take slow, deep breaths with only your stomach moving as the air goes in and out of your body.
3. As you inhale, think possitive thoughts. While you exhale, imagine that you’re realeasing negativity and tension from your body.
Do it right and it will only take 5 deep breaths to make you feel better.
Micro Meditation Technique 2: Metta Bhavana
This micro meditation is great for calming anger and negativity, and is a great exercise when you are having issues with an unpleasant co-workers. It also has the additional benefits of better sleep, greater concentration, and a boost in your overall mood. The term “metta bhavana” means the “cultivation of loving-kindness” and unlike its pronunciation, it is extremely easy to do.
Translated as the “cultivation of loving-kindness”, the Metta Bhavana method technique is geared towards dealing with negativity and anger towards another person.
It can help you sleep better and improve your concentration.
How To Do A Metta Bhavana
1. Sit comfortably and take deep breaths.
2. As you exhale, think feelings of kindness, confidence and love. Think of people you hold dear and focus on why you are thankful for having them in your life.
3. Whisper the lines “may they be loved, well, and happy.”
4. End the exercise by slowly opening your eyes.
Practice this micro meditation technique with an open mind and you will instantly feel more relaxed.
Micro Meditation Technique 3: Standing Body Scan
Body scans are a form of mindful meditation, and normally take around 3 to 5 minutes to complete.
In saying that, you can speed the process up and reap all the benefits, in just 30 seconds.
How To Do A Standing Body Scan
1. Stand up straight with both feet flat on the ground.
2. Close your eyes and place your awareness in your feet. Slowly move your attention up your body taking notice of every single detail and feeling until you reach your forehead.
3. Take a deep breath in through your nose. Visualize this fresh, soothing air flowing throughout your entire body, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.
Doing this meditation technique for 30 seconds or more will instantly give you a burst of energy.
So, are you ready to give them a go? Try out these 30 second micro meditation techniques and share with us how effective they were! Plus as always, if you know of any other effective micro meditation techniques, please share them with our community in the comment box below.
And if you want to take meditating at work to the next level, try including our FREE 15 minute meditation audio into your meditation sessions.